The secret to making Amazing Baked Potatoes in just 20 minutes? The pressure cooker! If you’ve been following Homemaker’s Habitat for any length of time, you probably already guessed this one. You know I’m addicted to my multi cooker/pressure cooker. If you don’t have one yet, add it to your holiday list. You won’t regret it.
But I’ve digressed here. Lets get back to the potatoes. As I said, the secret to making these beauties in 20 minutes is to put them in the pressure cooker for the first 10. That magical little device starts softening your potatoes lighting fast.
While your potatoes are in the pressure cooker, preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Transferring them to the oven is the key to achieving that fluffy-on-the-inside/crispy-on-the-outside texture that makes baked potatoes so darned good.
This easy potatoes are the star of our weeknight baked potato bar dinners. It’s such a simple, easy way to use up leftovers and the kids love making their own perfect loaded potato. This is also one of Jon’s favorite dinners so it’s a win all around.
Of course, you don’t have to do your potatoes in the multicooker. In fact, I️ shared an equally easy slow cooker version of this recipe on The Inspired Home. You can check out that version plus more details in the baked potato bar here.
Either way it’s an awesome and easy dinner that I️ hope you’ll love.
Perfect Pressure Cooker Baked PotatoesServes 4Ingredients 4-6 Medium russet potatoes
1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Pierce each potato several times with a fork. Rub outside of each potato with a small amount of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Wrap each potato in foil.
- Arrange potatoes in the multicooker and add water.
- Close and lock the lid and cook potatoes on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- At end of cycle release pressure and remove lid. Carefully unwrap each potato from foil and move to a baking sheet.
- Transfer potatoes to preheated oven and bake for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and the skin is crispy. Serve immediately with toppings desired.