The witching hour is almost upon us. With Halloween just a few nights away, the excitement around our house is palpable. While the kids are dreaming about diving into their candy buckets, I’m looking forward to the Monster Munch–popcorn tossed with candy corn, Oreo cookies, pretzel bits and M&Ms, then drizzled with white chocolate and sprinkles.
We served this at our costume party with the neighbors a few weeks ago and it was an absolute hit. Monster Munch is sweet, salty, crunchy, festive and — best of all– incredibly easy to make.
It’s supposed to rain on Halloween so I’m betting the Trick or Treating isn’t going to last long. Luckily, we’ve invited the neighbors over again for Halloween supper so we can ooh and aaah over the cute costumes in a warm, dry house. The kids can burn off their sugar highs together while the parents raid the candy stashes (or the beverage tub) for a few treats of our own.
Can’t wait to celebrate with these cuties…
Wishing everyone a safe and spooky Halloween!
1 16 oz bag white chocolate morsels
12 cups popped popcorn (about 1/2 cup unpopped)
1 cup candy corn
1 cup pretzel twists, broken into small pieces
12 Oreo cookies, crushed
1/2 cup Halloween color M & M candies
Kosher salt, to taste
Halloween sprinkles, if desired
- Arrange wax paper in the bottom of two half sheet pans and set aside.
- Melt white chocolate chips on stovetop or in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, place popcorn in a very large bowl and sprinkle candy corn, pretzels, cookie pieces and M&M candies evenly over the popcorn.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the popcorn mixture and toss gently with a rubber spatula until the white chocolate is mixed and the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour mixture onto sheet pans in an even layer. Sprinkle with Kosher salt and Halloween sprinkles if desired. Allow Monster Munch to cool until completely dry. Break into bite sized pieces and store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
You may also like: