If you’re looking at this picture and getting a feeling of deja vu its because, yes, you’re right: I’m recycling this recipe from last year. But I have a good reason: Saveur.com just notified me that they’ve included my blog, and this Heary Goulash recipe in particular in their list of “Sites We Love”. I’m a huge fan of Saveur magazine and I’m really excited to check out their newly refreshed Web site, so I feel really honored that they chose one of my recipes to be part of it.
And what perfect timing too….the weather in Chicago has been so cold and gloomy and my schedule has been INSANE (I’ll tell you more below), so after recieving the email from Savuer yesterday I immediately decided that Goulash would be the perfect dinner. Its easy to fix (just brown your meat and onions, add your tomatoes, spices and pasta, cover and simmer for awhile), and incredibly warm, hearty and comforting to eat. Plus it tastes even better reheated as lunch leftovers for the rest of the week.
If you’ve already made this recipe, I’m curious what you think. Did you do anything differently? Its pretty adaptable…let me know! Plus, visit the recipe on the Saveur site to add your ratings and reviews there. I’m sure other users would appreciate the input.
So, in leiu of the recipe, which is already available here, I thought I’d tell you a little bit about my week since its been kind of an interesting one (and should explain why I’ve been so remiss in posting of late). We’ll do this in bulletted fashion:
- Friday: At 4pm, found out one of the Edelman clients that I work with would be part of a segment on Larry King Live on Monday. By 7:30 pm I was booking my flight to NYC to help coordinate a spokesperson appearance on the show.
- Saturday: Worked for four hours, then had a super pleasant evening with JiT. We went to one of our favorite restaurants for dinner in front of their fireplace. Then off to the movies to see Zombieland (I liked it)!
- Sunday: Made Panko Crusted Chicken with Mustard-Maple Pan Glaze, but realized that JiTs camera battery was dead. Boo.
- Monday: Woke up at 4am to make flight to NYC. Worked most of the day in Edelman’s NYC office. Checked into my hotel and found out that the entire lobby was closed because they were filming the new Sex and the City movie….right then. There were extras running around in crazy costumes, but I didn’t see any of the big players. Then headed to CNN studios to support our spokesperson. I ended up having a 10 minute one-on-one conversation with Anthony Bourdain (!!!!!) in the green room, talking about my upcoming trip to Italy and his favorite travel spots. Then went back to my SITC hotel and went to bed.
- Tuesday: Up at 6am ET to fly home. Worked from home all afternoon. Made Goulash. Went to bed.
- Rest of this week….kind of nuts as we’re getting ready to attend a big conferenece for work and then I’ll be in Denver to attend the conference Saturday through Tuesday. So I’ll probably be MIA until late next week. But promise to resurface with new recipes and maybe a pie or two before the end of the month.